Saturday 25 October 2008

A spot of fishing with Lugworm bait






Well, I managed to dig a few lugworm on Friday afternoon. It was quite difficult because the wind had swung round from a very strong south westerly to a north westerley and the tide started to chase me in 30 minutes before low water! See pictures of the beach!
I went fishing for one hour last night (Friday 24th) on the Ha'penny pier Harwich. I got there at 9pm, about 1/2 hour before high water. I fished two rods with my favourite bait lugworm on 2/0 aberdeen hooks. I had bite after bite after bite. Unfortunately most of these were throw back, undersized whiting. I caught about 4 which were 30 cm or so and a nice pouting about 32 cms. Not bad for an hour. I would have fished longer but once the high tide has turned, the water rips out again. I had some Lug left over which I have salted down. Hopefully we will have some decent weather and I can go again one night next week. Oh by the way, the pouting bit quite ferociously and really bounced the rod up and down!

No comments: