Monday 3 November 2008

A few hours fishing on Sunday 2nd Nov 2008





Well,finally the rain stopped and my Daughter Mickey and I went down to the Ha'penny pier for a few hours fishing. High tide was 2pm and we arrived at 10.30am. There was no wind and the sea was flat calm. See pictures.
Of course, I forgot to take my camera but I came back to Harwich Quay after we finished fishing to take a couple of pictures of the pier. You can see the container port of Felixstowe in the background.
For our bait, we used small shrimp and salted lugworm for bait. We stopped off at the boating lake on the way to go fishing to catch these small shrimp. I will try to take some photos of the boating lake this week.
There were a couple of fellas and their kids fishing next to us with mackerel strips and squid. They caught loads of whiting. We did not catch quite so many but I caught a Codling on the shrimp. Again most of the Whiting were throw back size but it was most enjoyable.

No comments: