Friday 14 November 2008

Codling in the river Stour

My cousin Chris rang me at midday on the 12th Nov and asked me if I would like to go fishing the next day. Well the 13th happened to be my birthday (52 years young) so I asked permission of the boss (Judy) who said yes! I quickly cycled down to the beach at Earlams and dug some lovely Lugworm.
Friday morning at 8.30 am Chris and I met up at Titchmarsh marina and after the important first cup of coffee, we set sail for the fishing spot. After about 1 hours steaming we arrived and dropped anchor. We anchored in the same spot as the last visit the week before. We were between the end of the stone pier and Felixstowe container port. Just outside the shipping channel, on the Harwich side.
We fished for about 3 hours and caught about 15 codling, some pouting and loads of whiting. We just kept the codling and one big pouting. Most of the codling weighed about 2lbs but I had one at 4lbs, 8oz. We fished the top of the tide and some of the ebb before we had to up anchor and head back to the Marina. One of the best days fishing for ages.








No comments: