Saturday 29 November 2008

Waaay tooo cold for me at the moment.

Yes, you can say I am getting to be a fair weather fisherman. When I was younger I could stand out in all weathers waiting for the bite (and hopefully some fish). Now, I would rather stay in the warm! I did however venture out the other day and went digging for some lugworm
I managed to dig around 50 lug before the light faded. I found another lead breakaway to add to my collection. This breakaway had all the terminal tackle along with a Codling around the 2 lb mark on the end of the hook. It was still fresh but had been partially eaten by the 'beach chickens' or shitehawks as I prefer to call them. I recovered the tackle and left the Codling behind on the low water mark. I have around 20 weights now. All around the 5oz weight. Sure beats buying them at £1+ a pop.
I might venture out next week to see if I can catch some more Codling. I have attached some photos of where I catch my bait shrimp. More next time.




No comments: